Under limited supervision of the Head of Production and Art Director, the photogrammetrist would study and contribute to improving the current pipeline as well as doing in-house and field photogrammetric shooting, processing for high-quality 3D models in addition to doing clean-up work on the models. A highly motivated self-starter with a strong interest in learning new skills. A strong command of the English language is a must.
- Working with the Art Director and team to establish workflow and best practices in integrating photogrammetry as part of the studio’s pipeline.
- To be a self-directed learner and to keep up to date with latest photogrammetrist techniques.
- Determining the best hardware and software needed
- Creating and maintaining documentation or knowledge repository for others to follow
- In-house and field photogrammetric rig setup and shooting.
- Field work that requires lots of walking, kneeling, hiking, and occasionally multi-day domestic or international travel.
- Processing photogrammetric data into 3D models and clean-up of the data
- Experienced in photography with many types of digital cameras.
- Already familiar with photographic concepts such as ISO, depth-of-field, F-Stop, Studio Strobe lights and flash sync.
- Familiarity with photogrammetry software to generate high quality 3D models.
- Detail oriented person with a strong eye for composition and lighting
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to prepare and deliver presentations
- Strong interest in learning new skills
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Knowledge of games and the games industry
- Bonus complimentary 2D or 3D skills that could be leveraged when not actively shooting or do photogrammetric processing with apps like:
- 3ds Max
- Texture processing tools such as "3D Coat", "Quixel", "Substance Designer"
- Skills with a Game Engine such as Unreal.
- Love playing video games