Reporting to the Lead Artist, the 3D Artist works within a team of artists to create 3D assets necessary for monthly content pushes and milestones. The 3D Artist is able to maintain and manage high levels of quality while working in a rapid, rigorous, and timely manner; has advanced/ intermediate modeling, texturing, and animating experience in addition to knowledge of art processes and production pipeline.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Is expected to continue to refine artistic abilities and learn new software packages and / or in-house tools.
- Works efficiently and effectively within technical constraints of a production while generating high-quality artwork that matches (or) exceeds studios standards.
- Ability to visualize and conceive objects, characters or other elements in a way that contributes to the overall visual quality of the production.
- Communicates regularly with the Lead Artist regarding the status of current tasks; obtains Lead Artists guidance and approval as required to advance tasks, project initiatives and milestones.
- Expert in at least three areas of 3D artistic production.
- Proficient with the software packages and tools of the games industry, including Game Engine Technologies such as Unreal.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create results driven, team oriented environment.
- Experience in an artistic position is a plus.
- Experience or base knowledge of scripting languages, shader materials and in-game asset management is a plus.