Lead Real-Time Visual Effects Artist
We have an amazing opportunity for an experienced individual looking for a challenge and change of pace. The Lead Real - Time VFX Artist is experienced in the creation of real-time game effects as well as leading and developing a team likeminded artists. The ideal candidate will have had experience with working with game engines, a wide range of effects types and styles, and an excellent grasp of movement and lighting. As a lead effects artist you will work closely with the Studio Art Director and a multicultural team of artists on our game development projects.
- Work with Art Directors, Producers, and Project Managers to establish and maintain the quality and workflow for a project through prototyping and testing
- Create and supervise the creation of game effects
- Actively research, test, and propose new workflows to improve the art production pipeline
- Drive internal initiatives for continuous improvement to meet ever growing art standards (training, software upgrades, workflow improvements)
- Managing a team of artists in terms of performance and professional growth
- Assist in HR related processes, such monitoring staff wellbeing and identifying potential risks.
- Investigate Client Technology and train artists in using it.
- Represent the company in communicating with outside parties (clients, investors, partners, media, etc)
- Team player that can coordinate between different art departments as well as the rest of the company
- Ability to set and maintain a consistent aesthetic across all the effects in a game
- Prior experience with creating real-time game effects with one or more game engines (UE4, Unity, CryEngine, etc)
- Experience creating custom materials and shaders for games
- A critical eye for the timing, animation, and motion of real world objects and visual FX.
- Ability to create all art needed for the visual FX.
- Abilities in secondary areas such as modeling, skinning, animation, or lighting.
- Software: 3D Max, Maya, Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects, Combustion or equivalent.
- Familiarity with scripting languages MEL, Python, Lua, Java, etc
- Competitive salary package
- Opportunity to work alongside passionate creators and working with AAA video game products and clients
- A clear career path with room to grow and develop yourself personally and professionally
- Working with a truly multinational team from across the globe