3D Character Artist
Reporting to the Lead Artist and Art Director, and with extensive experience in modelling, sculpting and texturing a diverse range of characters, the character artist should also be well-versed in game art production methodology. The ideal candidate should have experience creating 3D characters in a variety of styles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Continually refine personal artistic abilities and knowledge of new software packages and in-house tools
- Works efficiently within technical constraints of a production while generating high—quality artwork that matches or exceeds standards
- Keen understanding of the human form/anatomy and structure/silhouette in respect to modelling
- Detail oriented in creating and manipulating texture maps; and excellent understanding of the value of UV spaces.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related as assigned
- Experience in a multitude of 3D art content production including: modeling, texture mapping, highpoly to lowpoly workflow, lighting and rendering
- Strong fundamental art skills: Anatomy, Silhouette, Shape, Form, etc.
- Ability to work in different styles and interpret 2D art direction
- Experience with 3DsMax, Zbrush and Adobe Creative Suite products
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 or related game engine technologies
- Understanding of next-gen game asset development processes, limitations and dependencies
- Animation/rigging skills
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Relocation assistance provided