Reporting to the Art Director, the Lead Artist is responsible for managing and coordinating art related project plans, including day-to-day implementation schedules and resource estimates. The Lead Artist directs, coordinates, and is responsible for multiple artistic processes including managing and mentoring large teams of artists, and schedules throughout the production life-cycle.
The Lead Artist is organized, self-motivated, and communicative, and demonstrates effective multi-tasking and team management abilities. A strong command of English grammar and language is a must.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the project Producer and Art Director to establish and maintain look of production; through concept drawing and/or prototype modeling.
- Be a role model for the company culture.
- Responsible for managing, coordinating, and facilitating multiple day-to-day art production processes.
- Develops integrated project plans, implementation schedules, and assigns and tracks art assets.
- Creating briefs and documents for asset creation and training.
- Prepares and plans for the content submission packages to be sent to clients, and ensures all content is present, organized, quality-checked and ready to be submitted to client review in-time.
- Participates in defining tools and art production pipeline; understands advantages and limitations of technology, and develops strategies for maximizing performance.
- Participates in the establishment, organization, and implementation of short and long-term artistic goals, objectives, and operating procedures; also monitors and evaluates production efficiency and affects changes required for improvement within the art pipeline.
- Responsible for identifying and recommending areas of artistic growth of each artist to the Art Director.
- Represents the project to the Producer, Art Director, and Senior Management; being fully aware of the client’s expectations for upcoming content drops, or rejected assets.
- Communicates regularly with the Producer and Art Director regarding status of current project milestones and initiatives; obtains executive guidance and approval as required to advance initiatives and milestones.
Participate and assist in events and presentations.
- When needed interact with (Lead) Artist on client/Partner side.
- Investigate Client Technology and train artists in using it.
- Assist in HR related processes, such monitoring staff wellbeing and identifying potential risks.
- Experience in leading a team of artists.
- Very proficient with the software packages and tools of the games industry.
- Expert in at least three areas of artistic production.
- Expert managerial skills and Strong English language written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create results driven, team oriented environment.